Hills Dental Studio: Your Trusted Oral Surgeon in Johannesburg
Choose Hills Dental Studios in Johannesburg for skilled and personalized oral surgery care. Our experienced oral surgeons use the latest techniques and technology to perform extractions, dental implant placement, bone grafting, and other surgical procedures.
Providing Quality Dentistry
with Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
Oral surgeon In Johannesburg
Oral surgery is a specialized field of dentistry that involves surgical procedures performed in the mouth and jaw areas. At Hills Dental Studio, we have a team of experienced oral surgeons who use the latest technology and techniques to provide safe and effective treatments for a variety of dental conditions.
Oral Surgery Services Offered
At Hills Dental Studio, we offer a range of oral surgery and oral radiology as a service in dentistry to help our patients achieve optimal oral health. Our services include:
- Tooth extraction: Our oral surgeons can safely and efficiently remove damaged or decayed teeth to prevent further complications.
- Wisdom tooth removal: We offer painless and safe wisdom tooth removal procedures that minimize discomfort and promote quick healing.
- Dental implant placement: Our oral surgeons use advanced techniques to place dental implants that look and feel like natural teeth.
- Bone grafting: We can perform bone grafting procedures to restore bone density in the jaw and prepare the area for dental implants.
- Jaw surgery: Our oral surgeons can perform corrective jaw surgery to correct functional and aesthetic issues.
- Oral cancer diagnosis and treatment: We provide comprehensive oral cancer screening and treatment options to ensure early detection and effective treatment.
- Treatment for TMJ disorders: We offer customized treatment plans to help alleviate the pain and discomfort associated with TMJ disorders.
- Treatment for sleep apnea: We offer non-surgical treatments for sleep apnea, such as oral appliances and lifestyle changes.
What to Expect During Oral Surgery
At Hills Dental Studio, we understand that oral surgery can be a daunting prospect for many patients. That’s why we take the time to explain every step of the procedure and answer any questions you may have. During your oral surgery procedure, you can expect:
- Pre-operative instructions: Our oral surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your procedure.
- Anesthesia options: We offer a range of anesthesia options to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- Length of the procedure: The length of the procedure will depend on the type and complexity of the surgery.
- Recovery time: Our team will provide you with aftercare instructions to help promote a quick and comfortable recovery.
If you are in need of oral surgery services in Johannesburg, Hills Dental Studio is here to help. Our team of experienced oral surgeons is dedicated to providing personalized care and the latest technology to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Hills Dental Studio Treatments
Hills Dental Studio is a leading dental practice that provides exceptional dental care to patients of all ages. Our team of experienced and compassionate dentists offers a wide range of dental services, including general, cosmetic, aesthetic, emergency, and orthodontic care.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can submit a contact request if you have more questions or email email@example.com
What are the restrictions after oral surgery?
After oral surgery, your oral surgeon or dentist will provide you with specific post-operative instructions, which you should follow carefully to ensure that your recovery goes smoothly. Some common restrictions after oral surgery may include:
- Avoiding solid food: You may need to stick to a liquid or soft food diet for the first few days after surgery to prevent damaging the surgical site.
- Avoiding drinking through a straw: Sucking on a straw can cause the blood clot to dislodge, which can lead to a dry socket, a painful condition that can delay healing.
- Avoiding smoking: Smoking can also increase the risk of dry sockets and slow down the healing process.
- Avoiding vigorous exercise: Strenuous physical activity can increase blood flow to the surgical site and cause bleeding, so it’s best to avoid it for the first few days.
- Avoiding touching the surgical site: You should avoid touching the surgical site with your tongue, fingers, or any objects, as this can cause irritation and delay healing.
- Keeping your head elevated: You may be instructed to keep your head elevated for the first few days after surgery to help reduce swelling.
- Taking pain medication as prescribed: Your oral surgeon may prescribe pain medication to help manage any discomfort after surgery. It’s important to follow the dosage instructions carefully.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene: You will need to keep the surgical site clean to prevent infection. Your oral surgeon will provide you with specific instructions on how to do this.
How many days should you rest after oral surgery?
The length of time you should rest after oral surgery depends on the type and extent of the surgery, as well as your individual healing rate. In general, most people will need to take it easy for at least 24 to 48 hours after oral surgery.
What is the difference between a dentist and an oral surgeon?
A dentist is a general practitioner who provides routine dental care, while an oral surgeon is a specialist who has completed additional training in surgical procedures involving the mouth and jaw.
What are the risks associated with oral surgery?
Like any surgical procedure, there are risks associated with oral surgery. These may include bleeding, infection, nerve damage, or an adverse reaction to anesthesia. Your oral surgeon will discuss these risks with you before the procedure.
Is oral surgery covered by insurance?
The extent of insurance coverage for oral surgery varies depending on your insurance provider and the specific procedure. Check with your provider to determine what is covered under your plan.
What Our Clients Say
Top sights in Johannesburg
Based on traveller visits and local insights.
Rosebank Mall and craft markets
Constitution Hill and cool rooftop bars
Cool enclave with 7th street night life
Museum and Mary Fitzgerald Square shows
Proudly affiliated with reputable dental organizations, we strive to stay at the forefront of the latest dental advancements and techniques to provide exceptional care to our patients.