Restore Your Smile With Implants In Johannesburg - Book Now!
Replace missing teeth with dental implants. Our team of dental implant specialists in Johannesburg can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
Providing Quality Dentistry
with Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
Dental In Implants Johannesburg
Are you in search of a long-lasting, natural-looking solution for missing teeth that won’t break the bank? Look no further than dental implants.
In Johannesburg, South Africa, Hills Dental Studio offers a range of affordable dental implant options that can restore your smile’s appearance, functionality, and health.
With state-of-the-art equipment and an experienced team, we make the dental implant procedure not only affordable but also comfortable, safe, and effective for all our patients.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots surgically placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth or bridge.
Made of biocompatible materials like titanium, they fuse with the jawbone over time, creating a sturdy foundation for the replacement tooth. In essence, they act as permanent teeth.
The advantages of dental implants over other tooth replacement options include their natural appearance, durability, comfort, and their ability to preserve bone structure and prevent further tooth loss.
At Hills Dental Studio, we offer several types of dental implants to cater to different patient needs:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most common type, resembling small screws, and are placed directly into the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Placed on top of the jawbone but beneath the gum line, they are ideal for patients with limited bone height or those who cannot wear dentures.
- Zygomatic Implants: Longer than other types, they anchor into the cheekbone and are suitable for patients with significant bone loss in the upper jaw.
- All-on-4 Implants: Using only four implants to support a full set of teeth, this technique provides maximum support and stability.
- Mini Implants: Smaller in diameter than traditional implants, they can support dentures or replace a single tooth.
The type of implant used depends on the patient’s specific needs and the amount of available jawbone. Preparing for a dental implant procedure includes:
- Consultation with a dentist or oral surgeon to evaluate your suitability for the procedure.
- A review of your medical history to ensure safety.
- X-rays and CT scans to assess bone density and quality.
- Cleaning and treatment of any existing dental issues.
- Anesthesia options tailored to your comfort.
Pre-surgery instructions for a smooth procedure.
Dental implant procedures involve replacing missing teeth with artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into the jawbone.
Here is what patients can expect during the procedure:
- Numbing and Anesthesia ensure your comfort.
- An incision is made in the gum to expose the jawbone.
- A hole is drilled in the bone for implant placement.
- The implant, usually titanium, is inserted into the bone.
- A healing period allows the implant to integrate with the bone.
- An abutment is placed on the implant.
- A custom-made crown is attached to the abutment, completing the procedure.
While some discomfort is expected, our practice minimizes it with pain relief medication and antibiotics to prevent infection.
Follow post-operative instructions diligently for a successful recovery.
Missing teeth can cause a number of problems, both cosmetic and functional.
Fortunately, dental implants offer a solution that can help improve your smile, boost your confidence, and restore your ability to chew and speak properly.
Here are some of the benefits of dental implants:
- Improved Appearance: They look and feel like natural teeth.
- Enhanced Speech: They restore proper speech.
- Improved Eating and Chewing: Function like natural teeth.
- Long-lasting and Durable: With proper care, they can last a lifetime.
- Improved Jawbone Health: Prevents bone loss in the jaw.
To ensure the success and longevity of your dental implants:
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods initially.
- Quit smoking or reduce it.
- Attend follow-up appointments.
- Consider a mouth guard for protection.
- Report any issues promptly.
Hills Dental Studio Treatments
Hills Dental Studio is a leading dental practice that provides exceptional dental care to patients of all ages. Our team of experienced and compassionate dentists offers a wide range of dental services, including general, cosmetic, aesthetic, emergency, and orthodontic care.
The dental implant procedure is done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation, so you should not feel any pain during the surgery. After the procedure, you may experience some discomfort or swelling, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medications.
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. However, the longevity of your dental implant depends on factors such as your oral hygiene, overall health, and the quality of the implant materials and techniques used.
Yes, one of the advantages of dental implants is that they function like natural teeth, so you can eat a wide range of foods without any restrictions. However, it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent any complications or damage to the implant.
The cost of a tooth implant in South Africa varies depending on various factors such as the type of implant, the number of implants needed, and the complexity of the case. At Hills Dental Studio, we offer a personalized treatment plan and cost estimate based on your specific needs.
Medical aid schemes may cover the cost of dental implants depending on your plan and the reason for the treatment. It’s important to check with your medical aid provider to confirm your coverage.
While dental implants are a popular and effective tooth replacement option, there are some downsides to consider. These include the need for surgery, potential complications such as infection or implant failure, and the high cost of treatment.
With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene habits are important to ensure the longevity of your dental implants.
Yes, dental implants can be done in one day with the use of advanced techniques such as guided implant surgery and immediate loading implants. However, not all cases are suitable for same-day implant placement.
Most dental implant procedures are performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the area being treated. However, sedation options such as oral sedation or IV sedation may be offered for patients who experience anxiety or fear during the procedure.
The three stages of dental implant treatment include the implant placement surgery, the healing phase, and the final restoration phase where the crown or bridge is attached to the implant post.
What Our Clients Say
Proudly affiliated with reputable dental organizations, we strive to stay at the forefront of the latest dental advancements and techniques to provide exceptional care to our patients.