Restore Your Smile With Implants In Johannesburg - Book Now!
Replace missing teeth with dental implants. Our team of dental implant specialists in Johannesburg can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
Providing Quality Dentistry
with Experienced Doctors
Get a dental health checkup with a dentist that has your best interest in mind and offers fair rates.
1. Book An Appointment
Visit our website and book an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
2. Come In For A Consultation
Our team will sit down with you and discuss your dental needs and goals.
3. Get The Perfect Smile
We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan that will get you the perfect smile.
Book Your Appointment In A Few Steps
High-Quality, Affordable Tooth Replacement
If you’re looking for a long-lasting, natural-looking solution for missing teeth, that may act as a permanent solution, dental implants are a great choice.
At Hills Dental Studio in Johannesburg South Africa, our dental professionals offer a range of dental implant options that can restore your smile’s appearance, functionality, and health.
With our state-of-the-art equipment and experienced team, we make the dental implant procedure comfortable, safe, and effective for all our patients.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are implant treatments that are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth or bridge.
They are made of biocompatible materials such as titanium that fuse with the jawbone over time, creating a sturdy foundation for the replacement tooth.
Dental implants offer several advantages over other tooth replacement options, including their natural appearance, durability, comfort, and ability to preserve bone structure and prevent further tooth loss.
The Dental Implant Procedures
At Hills Dental Studio, we offer a comprehensive dental implant procedure that involves multiple stages, including consultation, treatment planning, surgery, healing, and restoration.
During the initial consultation, our dental professionals will assess your oral health, discuss your dental goals and preferences, and recommend the best dental implant option for you.
We’ll create a personalized treatment plan that takes into account factors such as the number and location of missing teeth, the condition of your jawbone, and your overall health.
The surgery itself involves the placement of the implant into the jaw bone, which is done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation. Our dental professionals use advanced equipment and techniques to ensure precise and minimally invasive implant placement.
After the surgery, you’ll need to allow time for the implant to fuse with the jaw bone, a process known as osseointegration, which can take several months.
Once the implant has fully integrated, we’ll place an abutment and crown on top of it to create a natural-looking and functional replacement tooth.
Before and after photos of dental implants
After care for a dental implant
Aftercare is crucial for ensuring the success and longevity of your dental implants. Here are some tips on how to take care of your dental implants after the procedure:
- Maintain good oral hygiene: Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Floss at least once a day to remove any food particles and plaque from between your teeth and around the implant.
- Avoid hard and sticky foods: During the first few weeks after the procedure, avoid hard or crunchy foods that could put pressure on the implant or dislodge it. Also, avoid sticky or chewy foods that could get stuck in between your teeth.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking can delay the healing process and increase the risk of implant failure. If you smoke, try to quit or at least cut down as much as possible.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Your dentist will schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the healing process and check the implant’s stability. Make sure to attend these appointments and follow any instructions given by your dentist.
- Wear a mouth guard: If you play sports or grind your teeth at night, wearing a mouth guard can protect your implant from damage.
- Report any issues: If you experience any pain, swelling, or discomfort around the implant, or if the implant feels loose or wobbly, contact your dentist immediately.
By following these aftercare tips and maintaining good oral hygiene, you can ensure the long-term success of your dental implant and enjoy a beautiful and functional smile for years to come.
Types of Dental Implants
At Hills Dental Studio, we offer several types of dental implants to suit different needs and preferences. Our options include:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most common type of dental implant and are placed directly into the jawbone. They are typically made of titanium and resemble small screws.
- Subperiosteal Implants: These implants are placed on top of the jawbone but underneath the gum line. They are typically used in patients who have limited bone height or who are unable to wear dentures.
- Zygomatic Implants: These implants are longer than other types of dental implants and are anchored into the cheekbone (zygomatic bone). They are typically used in patients who have significant bone loss in the upper jaw.
- All-on-4 Implants: This technique uses only four implants to support a full set of teeth. The implants are placed at an angle to provide maximum support and stability.
- Mini Implants: These are smaller in diameter than traditional implants and can be used to support dentures or replace a single tooth.
The type of implant used will depend on the patient’s specific needs and the amount and quality of available bone in the jaw. Your dentist or oral surgeon will be able to determine which type of implant is best for you.
Benefits of Choosing Hills Dental Studio for Dental Implants
When you choose Hills Dental Studio for your dental implant needs, you’ll benefit from:
- Experienced and qualified dental professionals who specialize in dental implant surgery and have a high success rate
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology that allows for precise, comfortable, and safe implant placement
- Personalized treatment plans that take into account your unique dental needs, preferences, and budget
- High-quality materials and techniques that ensure natural-looking and long-lasting results
- Affordable pricing and financing options that make dental implants accessible for all patients
Alternatives to dental implants
There are several alternatives to dental implants, depending on the specific situation and needs of the patient. Here are some common alternatives:
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are used to replace missing teeth by anchoring artificial teeth to adjacent natural teeth. The adjacent teeth are typically filed down to accommodate the bridge, and the artificial tooth is then secured in place.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are removable appliances that are used to replace one or several missing teeth. They are made of acrylic or metal and are designed to fit snugly in the mouth.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are removable appliances that are used to replace all the teeth in the upper or lower jaw. They are made of acrylic and are designed to fit snugly in the mouth.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a cosmetic procedure that uses a tooth-colored resin to fill in gaps, chips, or cracks in teeth. It can also be used to reshape teeth or improve their appearance.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns are custom-made caps that are placed over damaged or decayed teeth to protect and strengthen them. They can also be used to improve the appearance of teeth.
- Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontic treatment, such as braces or clear aligners, can be used to straighten crooked or misaligned teeth, improving their appearance and function.
It’s important to consult with a dental professional to determine the best treatment option for your specific situation.
Dental implants vs Dental dentures
Dental implants and dentures are both used to replace missing teeth, but they differ in several ways. Here are some of the main differences between dental implants and dentures:
- Function: Dental implants are designed to function like natural teeth, whereas dentures can sometimes feel bulky and may require some adjustments to get used to. Implants are anchored to the jawbone and act as a stable base for a crown or bridge, while dentures sit on top of the gums and are held in place with adhesive or suction.
- Durability: Dental implants are generally more durable than dentures and can last for many years with proper care. Dentures, on the other hand, may need to be replaced or adjusted over time as the gums and bone structure change.
- Comfort: Dental implants are typically more comfortable than dentures since they are anchored securely in the jawbone and do not require adhesive or suction to stay in place. Dentures can sometimes cause discomfort or irritation of the gums and may need to be adjusted for a better fit.
- Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth and are designed to blend in seamlessly with the surrounding teeth. Dentures may look less natural and can sometimes be noticeable when talking or smiling.
- Cost: Dental implants are generally more expensive than dentures, but they can also be a more long-term investment in oral health and function.
Ultimately, the decision between dental implants and dentures depends on a patient’s individual needs and circumstances. A dental professional can help determine the best treatment option based on factors such as oral health, budget, and personal preference.
Hills Dental Studio Treatments
Hills Dental Studio is a leading dental practice that provides exceptional dental care to patients of all ages. Our team of experienced and compassionate dentists offers a wide range of dental services, including general, cosmetic, aesthetic, emergency, and orthodontic care.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can submit a contact request if you have more questions or email email@example.com
Are dental implants painful?
The dental implant procedure is done under local anesthesia or conscious sedation, so you should not feel any pain during the surgery. After the procedure, you may experience some discomfort or swelling, but this can usually be managed with over-the-counter pain medications.
How long do dental implants last?
Dental implants are designed to last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance. However, the longevity of your dental implant depends on factors such as your oral hygiene, overall health, and the quality of the implant materials and techniques used.
Can I eat normally with dental implants?
Yes, one of the advantages of dental implants is that they function like natural teeth, so you can eat a wide range of foods without any restrictions. However, it’s important to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent any complications or damage to the implant.
How much does tooth implant cost in South Africa?
The cost of a tooth implant in South Africa varies depending on various factors such as the type of implant, the number of implants needed, and the complexity of the case. At Hills Dental Studio, we offer a personalized treatment plan and cost estimate based on your specific needs.
Does medical aid pay for dental implants?
Medical aid schemes may cover the cost of dental implants depending on your plan and the reason for the treatment. It’s important to check with your medical aid provider to confirm your coverage.
What is the downside of dental implants?
While dental implants are a popular and effective tooth replacement option, there are some downsides to consider. These include the need for surgery, potential complications such as infection or implant failure, and the high cost of treatment.
How long does dental implants last?
With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene habits are important to ensure the longevity of your dental implants.
Can dental implants be done in one day?
Yes, dental implants can be done in one day with the use of advanced techniques such as guided implant surgery and immediate loading implants. However, not all cases are suitable for same-day implant placement.
Are you put to sleep for dental implants?
Most dental implant procedures are performed under local anesthesia, which numbs the area being treated. However, sedation options such as oral sedation or IV sedation may be offered for patients who experience anxiety or fear during the procedure.
What are the 3 stages of dental implants?
The three stages of dental implant treatment include the implant placement surgery, the healing phase, and the final restoration phase where the crown or bridge is attached to the implant post.
What Our Clients Say
Top sights in Johannesburg
Based on traveller visits and local insights.
Rosebank Mall and craft markets
Constitution Hill and cool rooftop bars
Cool enclave with 7th street night life
Museum and Mary Fitzgerald Square shows
Proudly affiliated with reputable dental organizations, we strive to stay at the forefront of the latest dental advancements and techniques to provide exceptional care to our patients.